December 10, 2008

Recipes!

So tonight I really wanted to make banana bread (0r cookies) because I have a couple of overripe bananas. I'm trying hard to save money, be green, or maybe I just really want something sweet. I look up banana recipes but they all call for baking soda and I only have powder. I tried hard to see if I can substitute powder for soda and learned several facts about the differences. Fact: baking soda is 4 times stronger than powder, fact: powder has soda in, fact: powder is more a neutralizer and if your recipe has something acidic in it the recipe calls for soda so you should just use soda and not try and replace with powder. Fine. No banana bread.

So I take another look in the cabinets and fridge and I see ingredients. I just know if I combine them together, I can make something, right? Well I located the absolute best website for people like me (and you)! It's AMAZING! recipematcher.com! Enter in your ingredients (it will let you select from a list if you need to be more specific like type of sugar, milk, etc.) and hit enter....VOILA! Recipes that match your ingredients! It also tells you if you the percentage it matches to the ingredients you entered and let's you know if you are still missing an ingredient. I entered in several ingredients. I can really leave no stone unturned.

My ingredients:
Milk - Skim,Flour - Bread,Sugar - White,Sugar - Powdered,Bananas,Peanut Butter,Seasoning - Nutmeg,Seasoning - Cinnamon,Vanilla Extract,Eggs,Pumpkin (Canned)

My recipe will be...

100% match...Flourless Peanut Butter cookies!

INGREDIENTS

  • 1 cup peanut butter
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 egg

DIRECTIONS

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
  2. Combine all ingredients and drop by teaspoonfuls onto a cookie sheet. Bake for 8 minutes. Let cool. Recipe doesn't make many, so you can double recipe.
Still no recipe using my dead bananas, so I may have to buy the baking soda so I can make banana bread tomorrow.....



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive